Why Buy an ERP Software?
Why Do We Need an ERP System?
Gone are the days of companies have an employee or a department specifically devoted to manually entering information. Gone are the days when customers only had one choice when it came time to order the products they need. Today’s business processes must be done quicker and more efficiently than ever in order for a company to keep pace with its customers’ demands. An ERP package helps you to provide quick, accurate, and efficient service to your customers by providing a centralized hub in which all of the data from the various departments is managed.
The following symptoms show that your business is ready for an ERP package:
- You’ve outgrown your business software and it is no longer capable of doing all of the things you need it to do.
- Your existing business processes often result in missed deadlines, wasted materials, unused machines or labor, and other inefficiencies.
- You need to track data across existing systems or in multiple departments and you’re unable to do so.
- You don’t have the transparency you need in all aspects of your business to make informed decisions as to future opportunities.
- Your employees are often tied up with tasks that could be automated.
- There is little communication or information sharing between the various groups in your organization.
- You’re spending too much on licensing fees, staffing, training, operations, and labor all for the sole purpose of integrating multiple applications.
Should Every Business Buy an ERP Package?
The simple answer to this question is: Yes. While small to medium businesses may be able to get by on a patchwork of different software, multiple systems are less effective for your business processes as they quickly become outdated and also require a lot of manual and duplicate entries. ERP systems streamline the various processes you use in your day-to-day operations, working off the same, shared database. This not only gives you a complete view of all of your processes and how they relate to one another, but also improve collaboration and provide you with the analysis you need to make decisions that will impact your bottom line.
Additional reasons why every business should buy an ERP package include:
- Automated management of business tasks which free up employee time for other critical work.
- Reducing errors that come with manual entry, saving your company’s precious resources, including money and time.
- Increased productivity due to real-time coordination between groups within your organization.
- Creation of a clear audit paper trail that can withstand the compliance regulations of your industry.
- Reduction of labor costs and IT expenses.
- Improving customer relationship management by allowing your sales department to have the information they need about the customers they deal with and the information they need to know about inventory and availability.
- Flexibility to handle organizational growth and its impacts to each individual department.
- Knowing that your software is up-to-date, secure, and maintained and that there is support available if you should have any questions.
We Can Help
EstesGroup is a certified reseller of Epicor products, including Epicor ERP and Prophet 21. We also provide ERP consultations, regardless of what system you select for your business. We will not guide you toward our own products if they are not a good fit for you. Contact us today for a free, in-depth consultation so that we may discuss your business processes with you and find a solution that will advance your company’s initiatives.