ERP Hosting for Aerospace & Defense:Keeping your operation's data, so you can stay compliant.
Aerospace and Defense Manufacturers can’t do “Cloud” but there are options besides On-Premise ERP
Many Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software providers are pushing for their users to go to the Cloud –or a SaaS (Software as a Service) model– which ultimately is more cost effective for the ERP provider and the end user client since it’s a shared environment model and easily upgraded. But there are some industries and companies where going “Cloud” is just not an option. Some companies have too many 3rd party integrations — like Docstar, Parttrap, Manifest, Salesforce, CAD systems, Avalara, SoureDay, or a host of others. Some companies have certain compliance requirements that keep them from moving to a cloud system, like ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) which states that the import and export of data needs to be in a secure environment that is not intentionally or inadvertently shared with person(s) of foreign nationality. So, who needs to be ITAR compliant? Anyone who does business with the Department of Defense – or might be a supplier to a company that sells to the DoD. Because of this law, most Aerospace & Defense Companies keep their Epicor ERP, Prophet 21 ERP, and other software applications in an on-premise deployment so that they can verify the integrity of that data. This comes with added cost and other potential vulnerabilities.
Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing and Distribution companies need a strong ERP system like Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 which has the functionality and flexibility to keep up with the rigorous specifications of the industry. Deep level methods of manufacturing, part revisions and configurations, reporting and analytics, ability to maintain complex security setups, and meet security protocols based on the system deployment. That’s why the vast majority of Aerospace and Defense companies choose to deploy “on-premise” Epicor systems.
The problem with on-premise ERP deployments is that they are costly, labor intensive, and potentially open to attack if not properly protected. Epicor ERP is a robust ERP system, which needs at a minimum 3 servers per company, although most companies run 4 or 5. Servers also come with additional operational costs like extensive HVAC systems, more IT personnel, and hardware upgrades every 3 to 4 years to maintain optimal performance. That’s a lot of IT technical staff knowledge, work time, and hardware costs involved for ITAR regulated companies because if you lose your ITAR Certification – you are literally out of work. Thankfully, now there is a 3rd option.
EstesGroup’s Epicor Certified Managed Hosting is designed with the Aerospace and Defense Industry in mind. Our Tier 3 Data Center partner is ITAR and HIPAA Certified, verifying data security and US-only data access on top of the strict performance standards of a Tier 3 Data center. EstesGroup has the skillset to properly manage your Epicor system’s security patches, app servers, release cadence, etc., and you know that your data will meet ITAR certification requirements in an Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP hosted environment.
Learn more about EstesGroup’s ERP Managed Hosting offering for Aerospace & Defense.
About EstesGroup’s Managed ERP Hosting & Tier 3 Data Center Specifics:
EstesGroup’s ERP Managed Hosting Specifics:
- EstesGroup is an Epicor Software Certified Managed Hosting Partner for Epicor and an ERP Software Partner for their 2 primary software platforms: ERP and Prophet 21 ERP
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guaranteeing >99.7% uptime of your system
- Dedicated staff that is knowledgeable in design, implementation, and operation of Epicor ERP and Prophet 21 ERP managed environments
- 24/7 support team in place with Epicor skillsets for functional (finance & operations) and technical client needs
- Best Practices for Disaster & Recovery
- Ability to rapidly scale systems up or down based on client’s needs
- No need to upgrade or repair hardware
- No Server Maintenance
- Best Practice Security Protocols to keep your ERP System safe from attack
- EstesGroup’s Added Epicor Services:
- ERP Task Agent Queue Monitoring
- ERP Task Agent Errors Monitoring
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Runtime
- ERP Response Time Reporting
- ERP Data Folder Size Reporting
- ERP Trends Reporting
- Easy, secure access for Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP from anywhere you need
EstesGroup’s Tier III Data Center Partner Specifics
- Cloud infrastructure and data centers independently audited to meet SSAE 16, SOC 1, TYPE 2, SOC2, Type1, HIPAA/HITECH, ITAR and PCI-DSS.
- People-centric security with all US Signal employees trained at hire and annually on security policies and protocols.
- Risk-based BC/DR plan that includes multiple live tests each year, follow-up action item review, and reporting.
- Full Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) program.
- Audit-ready IT environments with technical and security controls to meet a variety of regulatory requirements and industry standards including: Sarbanes-Oxley, FDA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, ITAR, and FISMA.
- Vendor due diligence program, executive-level security team, internal audit program following ISO-19011, and other strategies to optimize service availability while mitigating MSSP risks.
- Audit assistance including helping with management representation letters and regulatory questionnaires and providing a signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) or copies of compliance documentation.
- Data Center On-staff compliance officer.
So if you are considering moving “to the Cloud” but due to ITAR Compliance cannot, then contact EstesGroup today to discuss how our ERP Managed Hosting offering is designed for your business’ needs.
Great support! They have a wonderful team. EstesGroup was the missing link for us after 10 plus years of Epicor. They are hosting our server and providing consulting for our full use of the system. Thanks EstesGroup!
Epicor Articles Resources and Success Stories
You might be reading this post if you are researching Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), your company needs to become compliant, or your company is already compliant with CMMC but you have need of more IT services. In 2019 the Department of Defense...
CMMC: The Looming Cyber-Security Certification that Affects 60,000+ Companies. In 2019, the U. S. Department of Defense (DoD) announced a new security protocol program for contractors, called Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). CMMC is a DoD...
Making a form custom version in Epicor ERP gives businesses the information and flexibility they need to succeed. While administering our ECHO Epicor Hosting platform, we’ve had customers frequently ask us to help them configure the system to utilize a...
Ransomware the hits keep coming going into 2020 By now, we’ve all heard about someone affected by ransomware. If it wasn’t a friend’s business, or a company you do business with, or the town you live in, or the hospital you visit - all you have to do is look at...
12 Days of ECHO, Eleventh Day: My Admin Gave to Me, notes on Online Transaction Processing vs. Decision Support!
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP): Online Transaction Processing vs. Decision Support So, you’ve got your ERP system up and running, and before long, the management team wants reports, dashboards and executive data out of the system. That makes perfect...
SQL and the Reporting Engine Epicor ERP 10 provides the Performance and Diagnostics Tool as part of your Epicor Administration Console. While the tool is often installed when setting up an E10 solution, it’s often forgotten about afterwards. The full tool has...