ERP Hosting for Aerospace & Defense:Keeping your operation's data, so you can stay compliant.
Aerospace and Defense Manufacturers Can’t Do “Cloud”: Managed Application Hosting vs. On-Premise ERP
Many Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software providers are pushing for their users to go to the cloud–or a SaaS (Software as a Service) model–which ultimately is more cost effective for the ERP provider and the end user client since it’s a shared environment model and easily upgraded. But there are some industries and companies where going “cloud” is just not an option. Some companies have too many 3rd party integrations–like Docstar, Parttrap, Manifest, Salesforce, CAD systems, Avalara, SourceDay, or a host of others.
Some companies have certain compliance requirements that keep them from moving to a cloud system, like ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) which states that the import and export of data needs to be in a secure environment that is not intentionally or inadvertently shared with person(s) of foreign nationality. So, who needs to be ITAR compliant? Anyone who does business with the Department of Defense or who might be a supplier to a company that sells to the DoD. Because of this law, most aerospace & defense companies keep their Epicor ERP, Prophet 21 ERP, and other software applications, in an on-premise deployment so that they can verify the integrity of that data. This comes with added cost and other potential vulnerabilities.
Aerospace and defense manufacturing and distribution companies need a strong ERP system like Epicor ERP or Prophet 21, which has the functionality and flexibility to keep up with the rigorous specifications of the industry. Deep level methods of manufacturing, part revisions and configurations, reporting and analytics, ability to maintain complex security setups, and meet security protocols based on the system deployment. That’s why the vast majority of aerospace and defense companies choose to deploy “on-premise” Epicor systems.
The problem with on-premise ERP deployments is that they are costly, labor intensive, and potentially open to attack if not properly protected. Epicor ERP is a robust ERP system, which needs at a minimum 3 servers per company, although most companies run 4 or 5. Servers also come with additional operational costs like extensive HVAC systems, more IT personnel, and hardware upgrades every 3 to 4 years to maintain optimal performance. That’s a lot of IT technical staff knowledge, work time, and hardware costs involved for ITAR regulated companies because if you lose your ITAR Certification – you are literally out of work. Thankfully, now there are hybrid and private cloud options, and our aerospace & defense ERP hosting design gives you cyber security, compliance and reliability with a lower IT spend overall.
Why Choose Aerospace & Defense ERP Hosting Today
EstesGroup’s Epicor Managed Hosting services are designed with the aerospace and defense industry in mind. Our Epicor consulting specialists know the industry, the requirements, and how they indicate with cloud-based computing environments. Our Tier 3 Data Center partner is ITAR and HIPAA certified, verifying data security and US-only data access on top of the strict performance standards of a Tier 3 Data center. EstesGroup has the skillset to properly manage your Epicor system’s security patches, app servers, release cadence, etc., and you know that your data will meet ITAR certification requirements in an Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP hosted environment.
About EstesGroup’s Managed ERP Hosting & Tier 3 Data Center Specifics:
EstesGroup’s ERP Managed Hosting Specifics:
- EstesGroup is your Epicor software managed hosting partner. We specialize in Epicor ERP and Prophet 21 ERP, and we partner with you to optimize your software, and this includes managed application hosting.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guaranteeing >99.7% uptime of your system
- Dedicated staff that is knowledgeable in design, implementation, and operation of Epicor ERP and Prophet 21 ERP managed environments
- 24/7 support team in place with Epicor skillsets for functional (finance & operations) and technical client needs
- Best Practices for Disaster & Recovery
- Ability to rapidly scale systems up or down based on client’s needs
- No need to upgrade or repair hardware
- No Server Maintenance
- Best Practice Security Protocols to keep your ERP System safe from attack
- EstesGroup’s Added Epicor Services:
- ERP Task Agent Queue Monitoring
- ERP Task Agent Errors Monitoring
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Runtime
- ERP Response Time Reporting
- ERP Data Folder Size Reporting
- ERP Trends Reporting
- Easy, secure access for Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP from anywhere you need
EstesGroup’s Tier III Data Center Partner Specifics
- Cloud infrastructure and data centers independently audited to meet SSAE 16, SOC 1, TYPE 2, SOC2, Type1, HIPAA/HITECH, ITAR and PCI-DSS.
- People-centric security with all US Signal employees trained at hire and annually on security policies and protocols.
- Risk-based BC/DR plan that includes multiple live tests each year, follow-up action item review, and reporting.
- Full Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) program.
- Audit-ready IT environments with technical and security controls to meet a variety of regulatory requirements and industry standards including: Sarbanes-Oxley, FDA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, ITAR, and FISMA.
- Vendor due diligence program, executive-level security team, internal audit program following ISO-19011, and other strategies to optimize service availability while mitigating MSSP risks.
- Audit assistance including helping with management representation letters and regulatory questionnaires and providing a signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) or copies of compliance documentation.
- Data Center on-staff compliance officer.
So if you are considering moving to the cloud, but due to ITAR Compliance cannot, then contact EstesGroup today to discuss how our aerospace & defense ERP hosting offering is designed for your business’ needs.
Great support! They have a wonderful team. EstesGroup was the missing link for us after 10 plus years of Epicor. They are hosting our server and providing consulting for our full use of the system. Thanks EstesGroup!
Epicor Articles, Resources, and Success Stories
Scheduling ERP Processes Batch processes have been with us since the inception of business computing. You can complete a batch of tasks as a single process for sake of efficiency. The benefits of such processes are clearly time-saving for an Epicor administrator....
The Pandora's Box of ERP Epicor processes can be a Pandora’s box of complexity. Rumbling under the surface, these processes perform innumerable tasks that allow an ERP system to function effectively. But when these processes fail to deliver the expected functionality,...
The Weight of the ERP Data World My old friend Thanos was a big believer in the principle of balance. In an ERP context, data integrity is the epitome of balance. But sometimes unexpected issues corrupt data and throw this precious balance askew. Read further to...
ERP Implementation Challenges Bridging functionality gaps in ERP is one of the great challenges in an Epicor implementation, or of any enterprise resource planning project. There are often visible gaps between a company’s business requirements and the system’s ability...
Technical Considerations for an Epicor Upgrade As more and more Epicor users moved from Epicor 905 to E10, the new world of upgrade challenges leveled off into old world reflection. As a customer, I once watched my company implement Epicor’s Vantage 803 platform and...
Epicor’s System Monitor is a handy ERP tool that can be used for one of many purposes in working with the background processes and reports that Epicor’s Task Agent orchestrates. The Epicor Task Agent handles all server-side tasks for a given application server. These...