ERP Hosting for Aerospace & Defense:Keeping your operation's data, so you can stay compliant.
Aerospace and Defense Manufacturers can’t do “Cloud” but there are options besides On-Premise ERP
Many Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software providers are pushing for their users to go to the Cloud –or a SaaS (Software as a Service) model– which ultimately is more cost effective for the ERP provider and the end user client since it’s a shared environment model and easily upgraded. But there are some industries and companies where going “Cloud” is just not an option. Some companies have too many 3rd party integrations — like Docstar, Parttrap, Manifest, Salesforce, CAD systems, Avalara, SoureDay, or a host of others. Some companies have certain compliance requirements that keep them from moving to a cloud system, like ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) which states that the import and export of data needs to be in a secure environment that is not intentionally or inadvertently shared with person(s) of foreign nationality. So, who needs to be ITAR compliant? Anyone who does business with the Department of Defense – or might be a supplier to a company that sells to the DoD. Because of this law, most Aerospace & Defense Companies keep their Epicor ERP, Prophet 21 ERP, and other software applications in an on-premise deployment so that they can verify the integrity of that data. This comes with added cost and other potential vulnerabilities.
Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing and Distribution companies need a strong ERP system like Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 which has the functionality and flexibility to keep up with the rigorous specifications of the industry. Deep level methods of manufacturing, part revisions and configurations, reporting and analytics, ability to maintain complex security setups, and meet security protocols based on the system deployment. That’s why the vast majority of Aerospace and Defense companies choose to deploy “on-premise” Epicor systems.
The problem with on-premise ERP deployments is that they are costly, labor intensive, and potentially open to attack if not properly protected. Epicor ERP is a robust ERP system, which needs at a minimum 3 servers per company, although most companies run 4 or 5. Servers also come with additional operational costs like extensive HVAC systems, more IT personnel, and hardware upgrades every 3 to 4 years to maintain optimal performance. That’s a lot of IT technical staff knowledge, work time, and hardware costs involved for ITAR regulated companies because if you lose your ITAR Certification – you are literally out of work. Thankfully, now there is a 3rd option.
EstesGroup’s Epicor Certified Managed Hosting is designed with the Aerospace and Defense Industry in mind. Our Tier 3 Data Center partner is ITAR and HIPAA Certified, verifying data security and US-only data access on top of the strict performance standards of a Tier 3 Data center. EstesGroup has the skillset to properly manage your Epicor system’s security patches, app servers, release cadence, etc., and you know that your data will meet ITAR certification requirements in an Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP hosted environment.
Learn more about EstesGroup’s ERP Managed Hosting offering for Aerospace & Defense.
About EstesGroup’s Managed ERP Hosting & Tier 3 Data Center Specifics:
EstesGroup’s ERP Managed Hosting Specifics:
- EstesGroup is an Epicor Software Certified Managed Hosting Partner for Epicor and an ERP Software Partner for their 2 primary software platforms: ERP and Prophet 21 ERP
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guaranteeing >99.7% uptime of your system
- Dedicated staff that is knowledgeable in design, implementation, and operation of Epicor ERP and Prophet 21 ERP managed environments
- 24/7 support team in place with Epicor skillsets for functional (finance & operations) and technical client needs
- Best Practices for Disaster & Recovery
- Ability to rapidly scale systems up or down based on client’s needs
- No need to upgrade or repair hardware
- No Server Maintenance
- Best Practice Security Protocols to keep your ERP System safe from attack
- EstesGroup’s Added Epicor Services:
- ERP Task Agent Queue Monitoring
- ERP Task Agent Errors Monitoring
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Runtime
- ERP Response Time Reporting
- ERP Data Folder Size Reporting
- ERP Trends Reporting
- Easy, secure access for Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP from anywhere you need
EstesGroup’s Tier III Data Center Partner Specifics
- Cloud infrastructure and data centers independently audited to meet SSAE 16, SOC 1, TYPE 2, SOC2, Type1, HIPAA/HITECH, ITAR and PCI-DSS.
- People-centric security with all US Signal employees trained at hire and annually on security policies and protocols.
- Risk-based BC/DR plan that includes multiple live tests each year, follow-up action item review, and reporting.
- Full Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) program.
- Audit-ready IT environments with technical and security controls to meet a variety of regulatory requirements and industry standards including: Sarbanes-Oxley, FDA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, ITAR, and FISMA.
- Vendor due diligence program, executive-level security team, internal audit program following ISO-19011, and other strategies to optimize service availability while mitigating MSSP risks.
- Audit assistance including helping with management representation letters and regulatory questionnaires and providing a signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) or copies of compliance documentation.
- Data Center On-staff compliance officer.
So if you are considering moving “to the Cloud” but due to ITAR Compliance cannot, then contact EstesGroup today to discuss how our ERP Managed Hosting offering is designed for your business’ needs.
Great support! They have a wonderful team. EstesGroup was the missing link for us after 10 plus years of Epicor. They are hosting our server and providing consulting for our full use of the system. Thanks EstesGroup!
Epicor Articles Resources and Success Stories
On the Third Day of ECHO, my sys admin gave to me, swift yet safe: Auto-Login in Epicor 10.1 and beyond. Interacting with technology can become a perpetual struggle between ease-of-use and security-of-use. The two seem at odds, such that increases in security...
On the First Day of ECHO, my System Admin gave to me, SQL Licensing! You probably already know that Microsoft SQL Server is required for Epicor 10 and Prophet 21, but do you know if you are in Microsoft compliance? SQL licensing can be confusing, but in most...
On the first day of ECHO, my admin gave to me, some notes about my SysRowID! Relating Epicor Extended Tables via SysRowID As part of an ERP implementation, it’s not uncommon for companies to find the need to store information that does not easily fit into...
This Holiday Season, EstesGroup would like to give you "12 Days of ECHO" tips and tricks for those ERP System Admins out there. We understand this time of year there is a lot going on for companies, such as: year end preparations, budgeting for the next year,...
Understanding Epicor ERP’s “Default Revenue Recognition Method” Error is Part of Company Configuration
Revenue Recognition is Everything When I was still part of the user community, I was involved in a planned implementation of Epicor at one my company’s divisions. The division was in the construction industry, and the ERP systems of the time...
In work and in life, I find myself torn between two ambivalent instincts: the instinct for understanding and the instinct for action. It is often of great utility to understand as much of a given situation as possible—to be able to relate its causes and effects. I...