ERP Hosting for Aerospace & Defense:Keeping your operation's data, so you can stay compliant.
Aerospace and Defense Manufacturers can’t do “Cloud” but there are options besides On-Premise ERP
Many Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software providers are pushing for their users to go to the Cloud –or a SaaS (Software as a Service) model– which ultimately is more cost effective for the ERP provider and the end user client since it’s a shared environment model and easily upgraded. But there are some industries and companies where going “Cloud” is just not an option. Some companies have too many 3rd party integrations — like Docstar, Parttrap, Manifest, Salesforce, CAD systems, Avalara, SoureDay, or a host of others. Some companies have certain compliance requirements that keep them from moving to a cloud system, like ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) which states that the import and export of data needs to be in a secure environment that is not intentionally or inadvertently shared with person(s) of foreign nationality. So, who needs to be ITAR compliant? Anyone who does business with the Department of Defense – or might be a supplier to a company that sells to the DoD. Because of this law, most Aerospace & Defense Companies keep their Epicor ERP, Prophet 21 ERP, and other software applications in an on-premise deployment so that they can verify the integrity of that data. This comes with added cost and other potential vulnerabilities.
Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing and Distribution companies need a strong ERP system like Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 which has the functionality and flexibility to keep up with the rigorous specifications of the industry. Deep level methods of manufacturing, part revisions and configurations, reporting and analytics, ability to maintain complex security setups, and meet security protocols based on the system deployment. That’s why the vast majority of Aerospace and Defense companies choose to deploy “on-premise” Epicor systems.
The problem with on-premise ERP deployments is that they are costly, labor intensive, and potentially open to attack if not properly protected. Epicor ERP is a robust ERP system, which needs at a minimum 3 servers per company, although most companies run 4 or 5. Servers also come with additional operational costs like extensive HVAC systems, more IT personnel, and hardware upgrades every 3 to 4 years to maintain optimal performance. That’s a lot of IT technical staff knowledge, work time, and hardware costs involved for ITAR regulated companies because if you lose your ITAR Certification – you are literally out of work. Thankfully, now there is a 3rd option.
EstesGroup’s Epicor Certified Managed Hosting is designed with the Aerospace and Defense Industry in mind. Our Tier 3 Data Center partner is ITAR and HIPAA Certified, verifying data security and US-only data access on top of the strict performance standards of a Tier 3 Data center. EstesGroup has the skillset to properly manage your Epicor system’s security patches, app servers, release cadence, etc., and you know that your data will meet ITAR certification requirements in an Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP hosted environment.
Learn more about EstesGroup’s ERP Managed Hosting offering for Aerospace & Defense.
About EstesGroup’s Managed ERP Hosting & Tier 3 Data Center Specifics:
EstesGroup’s ERP Managed Hosting Specifics:
- EstesGroup is an Epicor Software Certified Managed Hosting Partner for Epicor and an ERP Software Partner for their 2 primary software platforms: ERP and Prophet 21 ERP
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guaranteeing >99.7% uptime of your system
- Dedicated staff that is knowledgeable in design, implementation, and operation of Epicor ERP and Prophet 21 ERP managed environments
- 24/7 support team in place with Epicor skillsets for functional (finance & operations) and technical client needs
- Best Practices for Disaster & Recovery
- Ability to rapidly scale systems up or down based on client’s needs
- No need to upgrade or repair hardware
- No Server Maintenance
- Best Practice Security Protocols to keep your ERP System safe from attack
- EstesGroup’s Added Epicor Services:
- ERP Task Agent Queue Monitoring
- ERP Task Agent Errors Monitoring
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Runtime
- ERP Response Time Reporting
- ERP Data Folder Size Reporting
- ERP Trends Reporting
- Easy, secure access for Epicor ERP or Prophet 21 ERP from anywhere you need
EstesGroup’s Tier III Data Center Partner Specifics
- Cloud infrastructure and data centers independently audited to meet SSAE 16, SOC 1, TYPE 2, SOC2, Type1, HIPAA/HITECH, ITAR and PCI-DSS.
- People-centric security with all US Signal employees trained at hire and annually on security policies and protocols.
- Risk-based BC/DR plan that includes multiple live tests each year, follow-up action item review, and reporting.
- Full Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) program.
- Audit-ready IT environments with technical and security controls to meet a variety of regulatory requirements and industry standards including: Sarbanes-Oxley, FDA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, ITAR, and FISMA.
- Vendor due diligence program, executive-level security team, internal audit program following ISO-19011, and other strategies to optimize service availability while mitigating MSSP risks.
- Audit assistance including helping with management representation letters and regulatory questionnaires and providing a signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) or copies of compliance documentation.
- Data Center On-staff compliance officer.
So if you are considering moving “to the Cloud” but due to ITAR Compliance cannot, then contact EstesGroup today to discuss how our ERP Managed Hosting offering is designed for your business’ needs.
Great support! They have a wonderful team. EstesGroup was the missing link for us after 10 plus years of Epicor. They are hosting our server and providing consulting for our full use of the system. Thanks EstesGroup!
Epicor Articles Resources and Success Stories
Within this structure, it is important to understand the rationale of Epicor’s release cadence. The goal of their rhythm is to minimize business disruption, while at the same time quickly providing resolution to issues, and providing functional enhancements at a reasonable rate. The implementation of this cadence has allowed Epicor to balance functionality and support, while allowing the customer base to focus on running their businesses without interruption.
Pundits have long noted that the “E” in “ERP” is the most important of the three letters. The value in an ERP system comes in its applicability to the entire enterprise and not just to a few selective functions within the organization. And while ERP has been around now for many decades, there continues to be ample opportunity for better enterprise-level integration among companies.
EstesGroup was selected as the Western United States Territory Partner for the Epicor® Prophet 21® distribution software solution. They are the only P21 and Epicor 10 ERP partner in the United States.
For producers of equipment serving these industries, the challenges not only manifest themselves in the material handling products delivered but also in the processes and systems used to orchestrate the creation and delivery of these products. Making the best equipment isn’t enough if it cannot be designed, produced, and delivered at the right time, and for the right price points. In support of this, configurability continues to be of great importance, as are the abilities to quickly generate requests for proposals and rapidly engineer custom orders. With its extensive product configuration capabilities, which are tightly bound to its Bill-of-Material structures, Epicor is an excellent enterprise software option for companies looking to scale up their organization to meet the challenges of this evolving industry.
As you assess your organization and its IT infrastructure, you need to ask yourself the question, have you harvested all the benefits of your legacy ERP system? Are you tired of endless patches? Are you frustrated with the narrow field of vision that your current system affords you? Is your legacy ERP system a husk of its former self? And are you ready to put it to pasture? Are you ready to leave your legacy ERP system behind.
Find out if Quickbooks is a good fit for Smart Manufacturing. The answer might surprise you.