How many of these Epicor Storefront B2B ecommerce features does your site have that helps your business retain your most profitable customers?
We all know that it cost much more to obtain a new customer than it does to keep a customer, but that does not mean you can rest on your laurels when it comes to bringing continual value to your best customers. Here are the top ranked features that manufacturing and distribution customers have stated are very important for their vendors to have on their ecommerce sites that keep them coming back.
1. The site displays my contract pricing and products after I sign in.
2. I can see all of my orders and the status of my orders regardless if I create an order on the ecommerce site or if I call Customer Service and they place my order.
3. I can see exactly how much inventory my vendor has available for each product on the site which helps me manage timely delivery and know up front if any portion of my order may be back ordered.
4. My employees can request quotes on the site and not have to wait to do this during business hours of the vendor.
5. Shipment tracking is critical to our business as our field technicians need to know within a few hours of when the order will arrive at their job site.
6. Our vendor supplies us with fairly complex products and being able to have access to installation documents, how to videos, and other technical information has really been helpful to our employees in completing jobs faster – they just use their phone, login and view or download the documents they need right when they need them.
These top ranked features make sense, and what allows the information to be current and available to the customers that they have ranked in the top 6 is tight integration with your E9 or Epicor 10 system. In addition, Customer Service has more time to focus on higher value services to your customers by providing current self-service information on the ecommerce site that answers their questions. So where do you stand with these six features that are critical to retaining your best customers? If it is time to switch ecommerce platforms OR actually implement your first B2B ecommerce site maybe it is time to look at Epicor Storefront! You won’t be disappointed.
How many ways can you find to help your customers want to do business with your organization? It does not always come to down to the lowest price but how easy your organization provides them with the tools or application such as “ B2B eCommerce” or as some know it as “Storefront” Finding new customers or keeping an existing customer takes effort from sales, customer service, manufacturing\distributing, shipping and lastly your finance department.
B2B eCommerce\Storefront\Customer Portal\ can pave the way…you can start out gradual …Give your customers access to all of their orders – open or closed, checking on the status of that open order to see if their items have shipped or maybe they want to see status of their invoices, or request a quote or a RMA – Return Material Authorization. They can do this 24×7 without your customer service department being available. What about having your customers look up the status of products such as availability or price? What if they could see details about that product that they would normally call customer service or maybe their sales rep? Next step is to make the product available for your customers to place an order…how easy can that be?
There are many ecommerce platforms out there that say they can do this…but can they really provide all of the information in real time to an ERP system? Check out Epicor Storefront powered by Parttrap or Parttrap Business One.
Have questions? Get a free 30 minute assessment of your current website and ecommerce solution:
Save Time when picking the same item during the day in Epicor 10
When Picking Orders for shipment, you may find that you continually go back to the same warehouse and bin location and pick the same item all day long. And you find yourself puzzled that there just HAS to be a better way.
Well, one suggestion is to venture into Wave Picking within the Epicor AMM software for distributors. Wave Picking is not just for large distribution centers which have teams of fork lift drivers scurrying around in their designated area. Wave Picking can be more than a way to minimize picking costs geographically. It can also be set up to minimize picking costs by pulling the entire required quantity of a part, one part at a time.
It works like this:
* In Fulfillment Workbench, use the allocation process criteria of Allocate By Part.
* Specify that you will be using Wave as the Action Type.
* Group multiple Sales Orders into the same Wave.
* Set up an Allocation Template that can be reused. Or an Ad Hoc template in a pinch.
* If there is sufficient inventory, the Epicor application creates an allocation which decrements the overall available quantity by the ordered amount for the part at the warehouse/part level, down to the order and line.
* If the part was on 50 Sales Orders, you now have one transaction and not 50 for the Pick process.